April 18, 2010

Challenge Day 99 - What you think?

I have to say I stole this pix from a gf's gf...
I hope she is ok with that.. :D
Weekend:: Sunny weather in Melbourne this weekend. Spent a lot of time indoor mainly cuz Mr Minzy is not feeling well. Quite bizarre to know that I have a lot of energy running around doing a lot of things given am 36 wks pg.

* * * * * * * *
What you think? ::
So this is the real scenario what happen to me at one of the social gathering I attended recently.

Somebody: What are you selling?
Me: Having a lot of ideas and at current, am focusing on selling my hand-drawn illustration and giclee print (and etc) for time being.
Somebody: There's a lot of people are doing that too.
Me: *smile*

Will that stop you from doing what you want to do/are doing just because you are ALSO another graphic designer and illustrator in the industry?
I have always believe that art is a very personal thing. Everyone has their own style. Some might like your work, some might not.

In conclusion: No. I don't. However, I strongly believe with my rather new involvement in this handmade market would definitely get some excitement in the industry so to speak. And based on my personal experience (back to the convo above), people who said that are usually lack of self esteem and still trying to find their feet to land somewhere...

* * * * * * * *
My favorite quotation
"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot

Psss....Come back tomorrow for some announcement....

3 comments:

sorfee said...

Congrates on your upcoming e-store! God bless your new adventure!

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

There will always be people wanting to bring you down. Don’t let them get you down. Your stuff is so unique and beautiful, I am sure it is going to find its own place in the market.
Waiting (not very patiently) for today’s announcement!

Lucy said...

Hi Irene! I met you at the Creative Womens Circle for the Nancybird talk - just thought I'd drop by and say "Hi". It was great to meet you :-)
Lucy