April 26, 2012

Surface Pattern Design (e-course)


Ok, say I'm slack or what not. I have meant to blog about this few months ago. I found this fantastic page - Do What You Love For Life via Print & Pattern (P&P) recently. Because of them, I have learnt the new terms - Surface Pattern Design through P&P. The funny thing is that I have been spending lots of time tracking down how and where to study this course before this. Back in Y2009, I was silly enough to enroll into a course which I thought it was studying Surface Pattern Design. Unfortunately Pattern Design was the actual subject I was enrolled to. FYI, there's a big different between the 2 subject Okay? ;)

Anyways, back to Surface Pattern Design. Found this e-course learning how to be a surface pattern designer. Cool. Sweet yes? So I signed up. Both Module 2 and 3. I found it a bit challenge as their courses starts at 9am in UK time but it's 8pm in AUS time. So by the time am done with studying..it's time to go to bed. Hah.

 Pattern on Pattern (image resource from here)

Module 2 is Creating Your Professional identity
I have had a look at how other students going with their assignments. Gosh, they are pretty good. I felt I have so much to learn. It's full on and packed with lots of information, great contributors and heaps of tips. So if you love surface pattern design like I do and/or want to learn more about it. Have a peek on what is this Surface Pattern Design? I will upload some images just so you know what am I talking about. You see them everyday just that you probably did not realize that's the name for it. Good luck looking. Because of this e-course, it somehow making the little stir in my lost mojo pond. I'm excited & falling in love all over again.

Hue Pattern (image resource from here)

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Anna Emilia (Image resource here)
 The beauty of blogging is that you get to tumble into
some fabulous creative talents! Anna Emilia is one of them.
I just get to know about her work like less than an hour ago.
And I'm loving all of her work and style. Great inspiration!

Module 3 : Monetising Your Design just started last week. This module seems fantastic! We are studying about Freelancing, Selling, Manufacturing and Trade Shows. It's something I like to know more. A great assets and essential knowledge to move the business to the next stage I thought. Oh, have I also mention that there's lots of perks which it's amazing! :)

I felt I can take on this module a lot better than Module 2 for some reason. Hopefully I can maintain the pace and am not celebrating it too early. ;)

3 comments:

Fabric Drawer said...

Hi there, I'm interested in doing the e-course you talk about in your blog post... How did you find it overall? Was it worth the time and expense and have you to where you wanted to be. I'd be interested to hear your feedback. Beck (beck@fabricdrawer.com.au)

Terri Ioannou said...

I've been looking at doing this course myself. I'm a graphic designer moving more into this area. I've just read that you found it good but if it's not assessed is it more like a webinar where you just take notes or do you have to submit actual work? do you do work during or after the lessons? I'm in Perth. did you find the inormation more relevant for the UK or transferrable? I'd love to hear more if you don't mind a private email cnversation. From Terri email: tezamumma@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi There - another Australian interested in how you found the course! And even networking with yourself, Beck (I'm familiar with her work already!) and Terri (above) - perhaps on Facebook. If you could please email me that would be fantastic. ellie@taffyandtwine.com