January 11, 2013

Recap of Year 2012 for us :)

Hello and welcome everyone!
I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas and New Year.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *
Our first trade show - Baby & Toddler Show
via Mini Me and You recently last September

Our newest stockist - Mini Me and You's exhibition booth
at the recent Baby and Toddler Show in Sydney.
Did you spotted our illustration art prints? :) 

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *
Collaborated with Bookoola Ink - "Learning Childhood" poster series

We were very blessed being invited to collaborate with one of the publisher in QLD.
An opportunity to being part of their poster series named "Learning Childhood".
Best part of this great opportunity is Debra was lovely to deal with.
The whole experience working side by side with her was amazing! :)

One of my dear friend spotted our poster at her son's kindy :)

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *
So our first press appearance was in late Y2011. Click here for more detail
1 year later.....We did it again but this time is on print!
Tickle The Imagination's Magazine

The Gallery Wall's Spread
 2 of our illustration art prints are amongst the author's favourite artworks
I say.."sweeeeeet!" :)

In the Wood Series No.4 (Mushroom World Series)


Feather (Happiness Series)

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *
Working experience at the Ink & Spindle end February 2012.

These, has to be one of my highlights for the year!
I waited for almost 3 years to make it happen.
I blogged about it over here :)

 With Lara and Teegs' help..tada!
My 1st cushion utilising my own screenprinted fabric
at the Ink & Spindle.

and I made this cute little tote bag! :)

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *
It has been very silent for the past 3 months and here's why....
Photo of my eldest and my latest addition :)

An absolutely big news! A fruitful production after our recent miscarriage 1.5 years ago.
Life was miserable during the silent grief. I have also lost my creative mojo back then until bub #2 came along last November. How am I feeling now? I'm feeling complete and life is somehow more content..a feeling which I can't quite explain how but yeah :)

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *

Y2013 is going to be big
1. Am moving on from drawing not just the quirky mushroom and Minzy Girl. Yes, am heading different direction and new mission for how I want to run Missy Minzy. So stay tuned if you like to know more :)
2. Different material. New range. New style.
3. Thinking of entering homeware & textile or probably jewellery area. Something very different from what you have seen me working on :)
4. Spend more quality time with my young family. I have came to realize that anything can wait but my family will always come first. My 2 girls are only be this little once so I really want to enjoy being their mum as much as possible!

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *

3 big reason why you should check our massive sale!
a) 40% off on the entire range (existing stocks).
b) Great chance to snap up our large size (12x16"). There are only available at our downthatlittlelane's online store.
c) Am moving on from drawing mushroom and Minzy Girl (most likely). So there will only be a selection of illustration art prints made available by limited edition run once sold out.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *
This year am going to spend MORE time enjoy creating
instead of sweating what others are doing and how come not me :)
Here wishing you an amazing fabulous Year 2013 in advance and
remember to slow down and smell the roses. Irene xx