February 14, 2010

Challenge Day 36 - Happy Chinese New Year!

Our First Reunion Dinner in Melbourne (one of the food shot)
It has been a hectic weekend so far! Mr Minzy & I had an invitation to Vans' mum place for reunion dinner last night. The food was divine and sensational! We had a great time having the Chinese New Year (CNY) atmosphere with some really good company last night. These were something I thought I would be missing if wasn't the invitation this year..in terms of the fun interaction with numerous people, the home food, the food preparation at Kathy's kitchen. It was all good! :)
Look at the crowd of people gathering at the car park lot
At the front of ChinaTown's Gate
Touching the Lion for good luck
Thought this was quite a funny scene! :)
The aftermath
Mr Minzy, Helen & myself met up in Melbourne's CBD today. Our plan was to catch a glimpse at some lion dancing and fire crackers in town. The fire crackers' noise were very loud. I was holding my baby bump (some time) when the fire crackers went off. Hopefully it will give Peanut a sign that it is ok. "Mummy is with you..and there's nothing to be afraid of those noises." :*~

I had this huge craving for some coffee and some sweet on our way to get our car after lunch at Chinatown. Man..tell you what. That "death by Chocolate" and Mocha Cino were bloody full. We almost death by eating that bloody cake. LOL!

2 comments:

Snooze said...

I was wandering through your blog and saw your CNY photos and knew it was Melbourne because I watched CNY from the second top level of the wilson car park. So amazing ... what a small world. PS CNY was great this year ... I loved it as always.

Irene MissyMinzy said...

WOW! And we were at 3rd floor of the Wilson car park. Small world indeed! :))