March 6, 2010

Challenge Day 56 Pt II - Massive Hail Storm in Melbourne

The window screen at the lounge was damaged.
Mr Minzy took all this photos when the massive hail storm happening to our pad when I was out and about this arvo. 2 of our room's window screen (which facing the West) were damaged because of the hail storm.

* * * * * *
I wish I was having my digital camera with me when I was out and about with my gf in Carlton today. We were both feeling very LUCKY (am serious) that we had decided not to wandering around at the shop district but heading to our car just when we saw the sun was gone and dark clouds and breeze wind coming through..

We had to pull over and park under the tree when the massive hail storm happening. My gf was feeling very paranoid (she was screaming while me sitting quietly and calm on the other hand. LOL!) when the whole thing happened cuz the hail ice was so huge and it hit on the windscreen so hard. And here we thought our car had been attacked by some nasty kid with stones! Doh!

My gf asked me after the hail storm incident much later "How come you looked so calm? Don't you feel afraid?" I looked at her and grin. "Well, of course am afraid but I can't be joining you screaming when all you needed was actually having someone to calm you down and making you feel OK, comfort and safe eh?" ;)

3 comments:

Fei said...

I was in a car too when it started! Scary stuff.

Jane said...

Woah, those are some serious hail stones. Not missing Melbourne's surprise weather!

Irene MissyMinzy said...

Jane: you lucky thang..for not being in Melbourne that day! ;)

Fei: Yeah. What an experience!