March 6, 2010

Challenge Day 55 & 56 - Blank out

I haven't been feeling very creative this week honestly. The good thing is am feeling a lot relax of late. I guess am struggling with being creative and is not a good thing. My brain is actually filling with emptiness. Not lonely empty. But just blank.
I have good news. My parents will be traveling to Melbourne when am due mid May. I felt a huge relief when my dad phoned and told me that my mum will be here during the confinement month! Cuz I thought I will be by myself since none of our parents living in the same state/country. So the good news is getting me overwhelming, really! My lovely Peanut will be their first grandchild. And the closer the due date gets, the more excitement it is for us!

Have you try to shop at normal clothes shop when you were pregnant? Well, I did. I was hoping to pick up something decent but everything seems to be unfit cuz of the baby bump... lol Women of the past once hide any signs of pregnancy with concealing clothing like empire waisted tops and free-flowing gowns. Today's mums are happy to show off their expanding waistlines. I for once categorized as "women of the past".. ;) It took people awhile to notice am pregnant.

Anyways, won't bore you too much with me being pregnant story...;)

4 comments:

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

Give yourself a break about not feeling creative. You have a lot on your plate right now; perhaps it is your brain saying – slow down a bit. The work you are doing making a little person is the most important you can do and it’s exhausting! I did almost no personal creative work towards the end of my pregnancy, I was teaching painting and working on commissions and that was almost more than I could manage. I hope Mr Minzy is feeling better and letting you catch up on your rest. Is that a photo of your bump? It’s just beautiful, I had a huge baby bump with Little Guy and I loved it so much!

Irene MissyMinzy said...

No. It wasn't my bump, Kylie. :)
As for the being creative everyday is to multiply my day instead of sulking my day away. I realized I was abit hard on myself for not being creative everyday (if). But then I realized the main thing is I get to spend my day eventful and that keep me being positive. Sooo important for me! :) The 3 months challenge has been challenging and it has helped me to spend my day very well. Double/triple bonus :)

Rosalind said...

Lovely photo - is that your belly? I saw a great tutorial for making a big t-shirt into a maternity shirt the other day just by putting some elastic in the sides and gathering it up! Looked great.. it was on homemade by jill. I am due late April! feeling TIRED! Glad your mama is coming - mine are out of state too :-(

Irene MissyMinzy said...

Not too long to go for you, Rosa...all the best on the BIG day....are you nervous? Is this your first child?