March 17, 2010

Challenge Day 67 Part II - Interesting Found not in Art

Another discovery in food. This time is how much Calories and sugar content is in the food?

Big discovery for me. I have noticed I cannot have too much of lebanese cucumber in my food. Apparently there's quite a good amount of sugar in content. Am surprised.

Click here to see what is the nutritional breakdown of the calories of every food you eat. You'll be amazed.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Irene!
Do you know how to read your food labels? I am trying to monitor my salt intake, so it is back to reading labels on everything now for me to find low salt, instead of just looking at fat, sugar and energy (kj) values.
cheers!
H

Irene MissyMinzy said...

hey Helen,
Not sure if this helps. As am still learning how to monitor my BSL and which food to take and not to take daily. http://www.healthyeatingclub.org/info/books-phds/books/foodfacts/html/data/data5a.html

What's the story behind monitoring your salt intake? I remembered I have to cut down Mr Minzy's salt intake (in my cooking) cuz he likes his food bit salty and I found it to be quite unbearable when we first met.

Hope all is good at your sweet sweet land.
Irene X