April 24, 2010

Challenge Day 105 - Do you collect anything as a hobby?

Do you collect anything as a hobby? I know I do!

I still remembered I used to collect Hello Kitty, those pink Bunny (forgotten the name), Little Twin Stars when I was a kid...it may well be on stickers, rubber stamp, bookmarks, cute pencils and pens, cute envelopes, bags, cards.....I truly had quite a huge collection that my sister got jealous and she had to took it from my drawer and cut them (guess she was trying to destroy the evident just so it does not looks like mine. lol)
Picture from here
Anyways, those were the good old memories. I doubt she would remember all this, now that we are both married with spouse;)

So you might thought Oh..Irene, she might be grown up and no longer thinking of collecting anything cute and pretty. You would be WRONG if you did! Hahaha...
* * * * * * * *
Duct-Tape Carpets by Bertjan Pot (Resources from here)
New Hobby: I found this blog - I love Sticky Tape awhile ago and I was blown away by his collection (or should I say obsession?). They are not any ordinary masking tape or tiger tape (the ones you saw at the crime scene from CSI). I have learnt so much about sticky tape from Jacqui (the blog owner) that sticky tape can be creative, pretty, design, cute, vintage and the list goes on!

Check this out if you also like Rob Ryan like I do!
Rob Ryan's Graphic Tape!! :) Original resources from here
* * * * * * * *
Cute Tape (Resources from here)
Carrie Chau's Designer Tape
* * * * * * * *
And this!!! Japanese Washi Masking Tape!!
Japanese Washi Masking Tape from HappyTape
...this is where I learnt that I have a thing on Japanese washi paper tape! :)
* * * * * * * *
Old Hobby has Revived!: Custom Rubber Stamps! :D~ Will show you one of the kind for now....
Click here for more detail
So you can imagine I was spending half of the time on Etsy trying to look for something cute and pretty while doing more listing on my Etsy store. Gotta love being a multi-tasking woman! :D~

3 comments:

Megan said...

i loved little twin stars as a child, i had a lovely set of chopsticks that my parents had brought back from a trip to china. i'm sure they are still somewhere at dad's house!

garcia.sol said...

I collect owls, not your everyday granny or 2 dollarshop ones but artsy ones! They make me happy! and I totally dug the same hello kitty characters, i think i had the pencil box and a tin box i still have in the garage holding some of my little kid treasures! awesome!

w/love-marisol

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

I collect books about artists. I love pouring through the pages, finding out interesting snippets about their lives and taking in the beautiful pictures.