As you can see that I am having a new domain name. Missy Minzy will now be the new me. Hence the new blog's header. I have been very busy in the studio. Setting up the props, taking heaps of picture of my work, experimenting some of my artwork with some creative designs ;) ...of course, rebranding my blog..
In short, My Creative Space is very messy this week. You will know what I mean after looking at those pictures below....
Hey, I just realized I have a pincushion too! Hehe...
Something I learnt: I reckon I need to get some decent props to match with my masterpieces after mucking around with the props and photo shooting in my studio. :)


My digital camera couldn't capture the actual orange red color which I like to show you..
hence you are looking at 2 different red.
I made this awhile ago...and I have no idea what to do with them. Initially I thought of making them into tea towel or maybe frame it up on the stretched canvas frame. I do not know what to do with it because of the odd size they are in. Any suggestion?
Head over to Kirsty's place for more creative talents lovely people out there... Happy Thursday everyone! :)



17 comments:
I can't get over how much I love everything you do. I love coming by your place and seeing what you're making. Wish you lived next door so I could come bug you all the time.
As for your print, I like the idea of using it for home decor of some sort. Hanging it on the wall like you said would add a great pop of colour to any wall. Or a table runner or even a couple throw pillows. I'm stuck in home decor because I'm envisioning it at my house.
Hey B. Thanks for the lovely comment. I sometime do have the same wish that everyone who 'live' in blog land live in the same area. So we could just duck out from our house and have a great time together! ;)
I like home decor too. It's just not big enough for bigger items imo. Maybe am the one not being creative enough when comes to sewing and stitching?
Your printed fabric look fantastic! It would look lovely framed or stretched onto a canvas and would add colour and style to any room. I was going to suggest throw pillows too but I see you aren't a sewer.
I've been spending quite a bit of time over on flickr looking at this pool...
http://www.flickr.com/groups/interiorstyling/
it might help you out.
Great post, love your printed fabric. I'd like to see it on a white wall, or cushions perhaps to brighten up a couch. Sounds like you have lots of interesting things happening in your world at the moment, a happy place to be xo
I think this would look great framed with some white space around it and simple thick black frame. Its all so very lovely and no way near as messy as my space gets...
the printed fabric is stunning. But I love the look of those samples too
That print is awesome!
I think the fabric has turned out wonderfully. K
Hello missy minzy~ I love your rubber block prints.. I've only ever tried carving small stamps.. Good one!:) Some day, i'll try printing my own fabrics hehe..
Loving those prints. Hope your studio starts to come together as you envision it. xx m.
What gorgeous fabric. Messy spaces are busy spaces, and that's good!
Since you're askin', I think they're screaming cushions! Gorgeous, rich, comfort cushions...
Gorgeous print! You can still make cushions with it if you can't sew. Just grab some plain cushion covers from the shop and some Steam a Seam from the haberdashery department and iron a section of your print onto the plain cushion. It won't come off even without stitching. Good luck with your decision!
your space looks beautiful and bright. love the fabric. i think it would be amazing on a white wall or a white room as
a messy space is a good space. the messier the better. I like your prints, especially the secnd one. i love cushions but what about a tea cosy for something different? or maybe a handbag. it would make the funkiest handbag with baboo handles.
Thank you for leaving all the lovely comment and suggestion girls.
Kirsty: That is one very inspiring link. Thank you!!
Dash Robin: Maybe we should swap some picture on whose studio is messier. ;) You should look at the whole studio instead of little bits and pieces ;)
Jo: You did well with the tiny small block which I came across from your blog not long ago. It's very easy to make as it doesn't need a lot of strength to carve on those rubber block. Give it a go if you up for a challenge yourself! :)
Meagan: THANKS!! X
Gretchen: it is a busy space indeed. :)
You girls really have some really cool ideas. I like the idea of bamboo handles, Susan. I also like the idea of framing it as an art on white wall cuz I have a lot of white wall at my place. Cushion..will look into that.
Has anyone thought of lamp shade too? :D
Post a Comment