February 21, 2010

Challenge Day 44 - Participating: Design a sock competition

No, this is not my design ;)
Marie from Print & Pattern has always been one of my inspirer. Her style gave me the confidence (cuz her style and design are so different than the others imo). It also put my new love for textile on track. Yes, I am very new when comes to fabrics. I attended a short course on textile design at CAE some time ago. And I fell in love by playing with the duplicating & the layouting patterns and designs.. like instantly! It is indeed an art to put all the elements/designs together while you still managing to play with the space.

Participating various competition to get some sort of recognition is part of being a graphic designer/illustrator in the creative field. I have to say the original information of the design a sock competition is actually a teamed up between Print & Pattern and "sock it to me". Go on and click on the link for the templates. Also check it out their blog for more information if you have any question.

Well, Yeah! You guess right! I have decided to give that a go and will see if they select my work or not. Doesn't really matter if I get the prize or not but the main thing is I get the chance and challenge (maybe you too?) to have a bit of fun and gain some experience. That's what life is all about.

No comments: