February 25, 2010

Challenge Day 47 - My Creative Space 2

My messy desk
I have been occupying my time participating the Design A Sock competition for the last 2 days. I thought why not share with you some of my work-in-progress sketching which I have produced so far. I have not sketch a concept on the layout pad for a very long time. So pardon my rusty sketching strokes ;)
Some of my rusty sketching concept;)
Screenshot of one of the design
Anyways, one can submit 5 designs the maximum. So these are the rusty sketching sketches I have done so far. I noticed my style has changed compared to how I would do it in the past differently. The style is more Missy Minzy's style. So yeah there you go. Some of you might wondering what if anyone steal my idea? Oh well. I believe in karma.

Please head over to the home of My Creative Space to check out what others are up to at their creative space. Thank you for those who stopped by and say hello in my blogland last Thursday! I love reading comments! Those comments have made my Thursday more interesting and fun! I hope you enjoy yours this week too!

16 comments:

Kirsty said...

I LOVE your sketched socks. I'm a big fan of pencil sketched just about anything...perhaps because I can't draw.

Irene MissyMinzy said...

Everyone will bound to be good at something. I can draw but am not good when comes to sewing like some of those talented girls out there...thanks for stopping by Kirsty :)

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

i love the sock in the middle! love it!!

Jo said...

your design is awesome!!!
i hope you win:)

Aussie-waffler said...

Tres groovy socks indeed, good luck. And Happy, happy birthday to you for Saturday, I shall think of you as a I delicately nibble some super yummy chocolate cake :) x

Kate said...

What a great project! Great socks so far!

Unknown said...

Love those socks. This is a project I've never come across before- what fun! xo m.

Irene MissyMinzy said...

Cath: Thanks for the compliment! They look so energetic! I am drawing it (with an ink pen) as we speak.

Jo: Aww...you always so kind. :) I like your Mr Tofu today :D

Tara: *slurps* wicked girl you are! LOL Thanks for the early birthday wishes :)

Kate & Meagan: You can participate the competition too. They are great fun. Thanks for stopping by today :)

yardage girl said...

Great sock designs and good on you for having a go - it's been on my to do list, but I don't think I'll make the deadline! Nic

Irene MissyMinzy said...

Hey Nic :)
Should give it a go. At least submit 1 or 2 designs of yours imo! :)

Kylie said...

I think they are just wonderful. It's really very hard coming up with a new design in anything and you have done a fabulous job :) K

michelle said...

i so wish i could draw, it must be fun. those socks are ace. i would buy them

Ivy Long, Edera Jewelry said...

What cute sock sketches! I love the designs :)
Thank you so much for stopping by my "creative space" this week and leaving such a sweet comment!
xo,
Ivy

Irene MissyMinzy said...

Kylie: Thank you! :) I have submitted all of my 5 designs. My fingers and toes crossed that they will like some or all of them. :) Btw, I have been having difficulty to leave some comments on your blog. Just thought you should know I did drop by your blog now and then.

Michelle: Awww..that's very sweet of you to say that :)

Ivy: Thank you! and no worries on the comment. Those jewellery are truly amazing and you did yourself v well, Ivy! :)

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Well i'd wear those socks, we get plenty of sock use here in Canberra!! Love Posie

Jenifir said...

I love the socks! When I was teaching group pilates classes some of my students would give me fun socks because they were tired of seeing the same ones all the time but none were as fun as yours1!