June 28, 2010

Peanut: Cut lunch: Missing U: Thank You card

So it's about a month since Peanut was born. I was practicing culture confinement and that was the main reason my mum flew in o/s to stay with us for approx. 1 month. Basically helping out with cooking and cleaning..of course, her main task was to take care of me. I get to eat lotsa nutrition foods.
Now that am back to old self, this is what I have (my baby step. at least I had some time to make lunch;)...taking care of myself while juggling with taking care of Peanut and Mr Minzy. Oh well....;)
* * * * * * * *
I was living with my parents before the big move to Melbourne for good. I realized how little I know about my mum when she was staying with us. Now that she is gone back to her home...I miss my mum so much. I missed having someone like her to talk to. I missed having someone to ask if I want to eat something just so she can make something for me. I miss my parents so much, especially my mum.
* * * * * * * *
I get the chance to have some time for MYSELF (how I miss that!!) today. I managed to get Peanut settle and I also bath her too :D It wasn't easy to bath her by myself since my mum was doing all that during her stay. Spoil Me! :D
We were blessed to have friends who helped us during this period of time. They are like angels who lift you up when you needed them the most. Here are some of the greeting cards ready to be sent..... Hopefully uphold his/her day when they receive my little token of love. :)
* * * * * * * *
It has been a full on 5 weeks or so since Peanut arrived...I have started to get the hang of being a mum (finger crossed no drama tonight). I am counting the day returning to my creative space. I believe it's going to happen soon. Anyhoo, I hope you get the chance to make fully use of your day in and out. Enjoy your Monday! =)

2 comments:

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

So glad to hear you are getting into the swing of things on your own. I sorry you are missing your Mum, but I am sure there will be many more visits from her now that there is an adorable grandbaby here in Australia!

Irene MissyMinzy said...

So true on there will be many more visits from her. :)
So cute to see both of my parents kept holding her non-stop. Peanut is spoil, truly! :D