June 6, 2010

Update: Please meet Missy Peanut.

Things have changed..ever since Peanut was born.
I was meant to come online update and share the good news with all of you. It is hard to sit here typing away while doing any creation like old days. I am undergoing culture confinement at the moment. That is the major reason my mum flew in from o/s and staying with us for a month or so.

My body is like a clock ticking away...it wakes me up every 3 hours to attend Peanut's feeding time! Not only that, to attend if she is warm enough..if she has her hands off the blanket again (she dislike her hands being tucked away).

One thing for sure is being a mother is not an easy task. I am finding it hard (while still looking to find my feet on the ground) to adapt...breastfeeding even am getting better. IT IS NORMAL for all mother to make sure if your bub is well fed..if he/she is wearing enough to keep him/her warm.

Being a mother is a HUGE promotion from any stage of life for every woman. You not only have to adapt the life changing. But also have to undergoing physical and mentally recovery after labour...

So yeah. Missy Peanut was born on 19th May. She was 3.5kg and 52cm. Believe it or not. She is so long that she cannot fit into the swaddle blanket! Was having breastfeeding issue (well, first timer here and am getting better) at the early stage..and having some pressure on getting her weight back to her birth weight. But where's the pat on the shoulder when she did gained some weight and fed better? It's not easy being a first time mum cuz you tend to absorb all comments and suggestion very personal. Anyways, good news is I believed she is growing longer (again) and her face is looking chubbier...she is waking me up for a feed and not me waking her up instead.

Do you like your baby to be so tiny like newborn forever? Or would you rather see them outgrow from newborn as fast as possible?

5 comments:

Penny said...

Oh yay! I'm so happy to hear you and Peanut are doing well!

Jo @ Chubby*Hobby said...

Congratulations!!
OMG! Peanut's birthday is 2 days away from mine! i'm on the 17th hehe..
I hope you'll find more time for your creative work soon!:)

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

Congratulations once again, not just on the safe arrival of your beautiful daughter, but for finding your feet as a Mum. You are doing a splendid job and Missy Peanut is lucky to have such a committed and loving Mum. Enjoy this special time. I thought I enjoyed baby days best, but toddlers days are fantastic too (except for the terrible two moments!). xxx

Becky said...

Congratulations!!! All the stages are different and once you feel competent at one stage, they're on to the next. You miss each stage once it's over. They're so portable and precious when they're tiny. Enjoy it!

Irene MissyMinzy said...

It's a bit late responding to all of the wishes...but late is better than never respond at all! :)

Thank you for the wishes.

Jo: It's lame excuse you will say. But I have yet find the time to wear your gorgeous gift on Peanut. Just been very busy nursing her while juggling other tasks (that including sleeps!!)

Kylie: Miss you lots!! XXX

Becky: how many stages are they, actually? Funnily I want her to grow fast and knowing how to communicate with us rather than crying...I must be the weird mum then! LOL